I am delighted to have been chosen as the Labour Council Candidate for Killay South. I am even more delighted that my wife has also been chosen as the candidate for Killay North. In next May’s Council elections we hope to bring an invigorated and fresh approach when we are elected by the people of Killay.
For those of you who do not know me, I have lived in Dunvant and Killay for the last 25 years, and was brought up here, my family living in Gower and Killay for several generations. An English teacher by profession, I taught in secondary schools before working with disadvantaged children to help them integrate and achieve success in society. A father of two, and now a grandfather, my children were taught at Dunvant, Crwys and Olchfa schools.
My family and I being a part of this community for so many years has given me a strong sense of the duty a Local Councillor has to their constituents, and of the importance of listening to the people I represent, and ensuring that their local area is one in which they, their families and business are able to thrive and live happily.
What we stand for:
- We are committed to ensuring that our local area has the high-quality key services protected as an essential part of our Killay community.
- Buses, roads, libraries, parks, banking and post office services should be protected in Killay to ensure people’s lives and business are the best they can possibly be.
- I am passionate about the importance of education, social responsibility and of creating a society we, as residents of Killay, want to live in.
- Building a better and more prosperous community – supporting businesses to make them a central and vibrant part of the community.
- We want to bring the community together – not just a sense of community but an interactive community where all are invited.