The ward is represented by Labour Party duo Beverley Hopkins and Mike White.
With a population of 6,500 Landore is situated approximately 2.4 kms north of the city centre with the neighbouring wards of Bonymaen, St Thomas, Castle, Cwmbwrla, Mynyddbach and Morriston.
The settlement of Landore developed around the clusters of heavy industry along the Tawe Corridor from the early 18th Century.
Swansea’s first copper smelting works opened there in 1717, with a further eight smelting works emerging during the 18th Century.
Landore also has a strong industrial heritage from the tinplate, steel-making and coal extraction industries, all of which encouraged large-scale economic migration into the area and made it one of the most densely populated in Swansea.
Industrial development brought about the demand for low-cost, high-density housing along the riverside and surrounding areas, which still remains today.
Most of the initial development (early to mid 18th Century) took place in the southern part of the ward, within the Hafod locality and the central Landore area, along what is now the B4603 Neath Road.