We are looking to recruit a local organiser to help with their ongoing local campaign work, and highlight the achievements and ambitions of the council in the lead up to the 2022 local elections.
The post holder will be responsible for building and maintaining party organisation and activity, working in liaison with local MPs, MSs, Local Party officers, LCF, CLPs and other units within the Party.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of campaigning techniques, and ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders. They should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the work of local government and Swansea Council.
Valid driving license, own transport and Welsh proficiency would be advantageous.
– To work with the relevant stakeholders to motivate and organise the members in preparation of the Senedd 2021 elections and local government 2022 elections across the city and county borough.
– To lead and organise campaigning activity as determined by the local key seat campaigns and Labour Group campaigns across the city and county borough.
– To guide and support the creation of social media and digital campaigning content in an election key seat and across the city and county borough.
– To work with Welsh Labour where appropriate.
– To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter ID (telephone and, if and when allowed, doorstep), registration and postal votes.
– To identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to campaign leaders and members on organising and campaigning.
– To develop local fundraising and fundraising schemes to ensure the CLPs in the area have adequate funding to organise, campaign and contest elections.
– To develop communications systems with branches, members and other units of the party and affiliated organisations in the area to promote Welsh Labour’s achievements and Party activities;
– To work with candidates, elected representatives and local parties to identify, develop, motivate and organise members and supporters.
– To plan and organise local policy forums and carry out policy and public engagement visits and events when required.
– Building up membership and membership activity in the constituency in line with the Party’s aims and objectives.
– To report on the level of all activity, organisation and the effective operation of Party rules in the area to the relevant CLP and local authority Welsh Labour Group where appropriate.
– Knowledge and understanding of the Party organisation at branch, constituency and regional level.
– Knowledge of campaigning techniques.
– Knowledge of digital campaigning platforms and techniques.
– Knowledge of running fundraising schemes.
– Experience of being involved in a campaign.
– Experience of working with volunteers.
– Experience of working on own initiative.
– Experience of fundraising.
(a) Communication Skills including:
– Ability to communicate concisely both verbally and in written form.
– Ability to use DTP packages to produce leaflets.
– Ability to work with and lead a wide range of people.
– Ability to motivate people.
– Ability to draft newsletters.
(b) Organising skills including:
– Ability to organise recruitment and retention activities.
– Ability to organise events, such as training events
– Ability to organise a group of volunteers.
– Ability to organise an election campaign.
(c) Administrative skills including:
– Ability to use a basic WP package.
– Ability to run a well-organised office.
– Ability to use online conferencing platforms (Zoom and Teams)
– Driving Licence and own transport desirable, mileage paid.
– Ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
To apply for this post please complete an application form and equal opportunities form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 21st May 2021. Please title your application with your name and location you are interested in.
The Labour Party is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and adults at risk that we work with. Certain post within the organisation are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our organisation. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory reference checks and the success completion of vetting checks.
The Labour Party values equality and diversity and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.